13 December, 2009

It's Winter in "(frozen) Lake Country"


Yes it's finally winter in Central Ontario.  But I am OK, lots of stash, lots of needles and a lazy boy chair draped with a warm afghan.  What else does MommaBear need.




I am working on a few projects and some are finished - just need to end the tails, Yuck.
Sweater is size 18 months- just for my stock and the socks are knit with Berroco Sox Metallic.  They fit me but will likely be a gift for someone, not sure who.


My main project right now is the teen hoodie.  I have the design in my head but must work it out so that the pattern can be understandable.  The first try is knit with a back panel and the two front panels worked down from the shoulder.  Then the sides are worked out from the sides, and the front band and hood will be done last.  I have already decided to do the back panel, bottom up, then the two front panels bottom up as well and joined at the shoulder.  Of course there will be no sewing, I will use 3-needle cast-off to join them. 
Until next time MommaBearKnits on into the night.


And, of course, I have another pair of socks, just for the mindless knitting periods in my day.  This pair is Bamboo yarn from my stash.

1 comment: