07 September, 2008

What I am up to now!

Well I have shown everyone the latest Baby Patterns that have escaped from somewhere in my mind. But, socks still possess me. I am totally into knitting with double pointed needles, going round and round. I am sure that some of my needles ( I have a large collection) were my mom's before me so all I really have to do is start with a slip knot and the needles just pick up the pace and go for it. They are sooooooo familiar with my style of socks and box heel, taught to me by Mom I would say about 55 years ago and taught to her by her mom-in-law when she was a young woman who ventured from the heart of Toronto to marry a farm boy(man). I just hang on and away they go. I do use bamboo needles some of the time but usually fall back on my old super fine double points. I think I could knit socks in the dark if I had to. Even though I stick to the old style of heel, I do sometimes try something new, especially Deb's Short Row heels. Toe-up knitting is a nice change.


I am working on two pairs at the same time. I could not resist as I have two new yarns (new to me anyway) and I could not use one and leave the other behind. The grey pair are knit in "SRK On Your Toes Bamboo" and the pink ones are "Patons Stretch Socks" (41% Cotton, 39% Wool, 13% Nylon and 7% Elastic.) It seems to be real stretchy, hope it washes well. Oh yeah, I have started another sample of my hoodie (Huggy Bear) in Cabin Fever Cotton Tweed DK. I hope Deb will take this one on as part of my next project.


Sitting here in Lake Country, It is raining outside, it is Sunday afternoon so what else is there to do but knit. I cannot think of another thing to do today.

................Remember MommaBearKnits

No comments:

Post a Comment