14 September, 2010

Still Knitting and Designing

Just a Plain Test Knit
As usual, I am moving once again in all directions.  I just cannot seem to concentrate on one project at a time.  While I am still working on Miss Emilee, I have an idea in my head that just jumped out, without any warning.   I have always preferred fingering weight yarn for baby garments (from my mommy knitting days) but found that they are a lot of work.  I couldn't resist any longer.  I cast on the stitches and am working a small size plain cardigan, just to get the numbers down.  Then onward and upward (or downward in this case).  I will insert some patterns and then I will have a baby set (Cardigan/Hat/Socks) in size 0-18 months.  

Miss Emilee is coming along nicely, I have even bought her buttons.  She will be done soon as she is knit in DK weight and I have lots of stitch numbers for this one.  Just have to work out the lace pattern for all the sizes and button placements.
Because I am addicted to multidirectional knitting, I could not resist.  This one is a child size in Worsted.  I  so enjoyed designing  my Teens & Tweens (Cabin Fever) Cabled Hoodie that I wanted to do something with a panel down the centre back and front again.  Sooooooo I started a child pullover.  I started at the neck and worked down the back and down the front.  While working out the numbers I realized that this could be any size and any weight of yarn.  Also, any pattern down the centre back and centre front would work as long as it fit into the number of stitches, then it will be easy to work the same pattern down the top of the sleeves.  It could be Lace, Cables, Knit and Purl or a combination of two or even more if you where creative, what knitter is not creative. 
In order to make a particular size, in any weight of yarn, it would only be important to work out the guage for the neckline.  Play around a bit with the numbers to make the ribbing work and then it is easy.  I might just do a KAL and a DAL (Design A-long) when I get the pattern finished.  Is there such a thing as a DAL, not sure but I just may try it.  
----- MommaBearKnits

No comments:

Post a Comment