09 December, 2010

I have been knitting even though I have not posted lately.  A few new directions (refer to Compass).  I have not been happy with the way the colours work out with the yarn I am using.  The colour balance is way off.  I like this yarn (Fusion), it feels real soft when knit,  but not for Compass.  I used it because the gauge was correct and the supply in the stash was ample.  Now it is heading for the Frog Pond.  I  will not give-up Compass for Adults that easy, I just have to purchase some plain coloured yarn.  No Problem.

Don't worry Fusion, you will rise again.


I have recently finished another pair of socks.  These are mine.

A pair of reversible mittens.  No Pattern, just warm mitts for me.
Another pair of socks on the sticks, not sure for who.
 Now the other project that I have on my plate is a man's pullover with a pullover vest, knit in 100% wool, warm enough for late fall days and early spring days.  When it is a little warmer just the pullover or just the vest over a long sleeved shirt will work too.  So far just the pullover is on the sticks but I like it a lot, as I have one that I knit years ago and I still receive compliments on it and I wear it all winter as a jacket with my jeans.




Of course it is multi-directional and no-sew.  I am working on the body now, next will be the sleeves, and then the vest.  When the knitting is done, just put it on and go outside, you will be warm.   This pullover and vest is also good for outdoor ladies too.  Next I will get Compass going as well, I have most of the pattern finished, just have to work a sample. 

MommabearKnits

2 comments:

  1. Looks good. You've done quite a bit since I last saw it. I love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the different stitches and directions in the pullover, Bernice.

    ReplyDelete