10 March, 2011

Progress on the Latest Cabin Fever Book, Samples & Test Knitting

I have been knitting a lot, and also frogging a LOT.

Number 1:  I want to thank Cindy and catsamalea for their wonderful comments on my last post.  They are providing great encouragement for me to continue.

Number 2: Deb and I have been meeting, meeting, meeting.  Re-writing, re-writing, re-writing.  We have also been knitting, testing pattern ideas and coming up with many many very good ideas (that is my opinion, I guess that is a little bragging) and I must admit, also a lot of ideas that will not work for the multi-guage; 4 size pattern range.  What works with fingering may not work with chunky, it takes a lot of testing testing testing.   I am totally possessed by my addiction and I am loving it.  So, I want to thank Deb, big time,  for the opportunity to join her in the writing of her latest book.  Believe me, she is working the hardest with the layout and the text, I am really really enjoying the whole process.    Deb is awesome.

Number 3:  Sample pictures speak better than my text, so here are some pictures.


This is my first idea for panel patterns on the basic cardigan, not working, will be frogged, but part of idea will remain.

DK border pattern test.  Will remain, I think.
Another border pattern in DK, works well.
DK Cabin Fever Tweed.  Panel Pattern testing, I think works well.


Another possible Border Pattern, this one is in fingering also.

 Until my next post, I will still be totally enjoying my retirement years.  I love to knit and design, after all, I am called MommaBearKnits.

Just so my followers know, I have not forgotten my other projects, "Adult Compass"; "Baby Emilee"; "2 Men's Pullovers" and a "Men's Vest".  They will happen soon, I promise.

Now MommaBear will Knit, all day and into the night.

1 comment:

  1. The sweaters look terrific. You've been working hard. The squiggle has worked out really well. I'm making progress on the writing and your participation has helped enormously. We're getting there. Soon we'll have a book.

    ReplyDelete