03 March, 2008

Baby "K" is done.




I have finished the sample, size 6-9 months. The picture is my progress to this morning. The finished jacket is now resting on a towel, drying, and tomorrow I will sew on the buttons, and post a picture. The size worked out to be exactly what I wanted, the tension (5.5 sts = 1 inch) works really well using size 3.75 mm needles and the Cabin Fever Cotton Tweed DK. Now I must finish the writing of the pattern. That is not as easy as it may seem. That is another reason why I do so many samples, it may look good in my head but when I knit the different sizes there is alway a glitch of some sort and the numbers just don't jive when you are doing 4 or five sizes. There is always one that needs a little crunching of the numbers. The neckline, yoke depth, body measurement must all come together and finally the twist stitch pattern must be worked into a multiple of three plus 1 in order to work the increases and having both sides of the front match. I think I will work out a hat to match, that would go good with the blanket. Until we meet again ----- MommaBearKnits.

No comments:

Post a Comment