07 August, 2009

Swallowtail Lace Shawl ! ! ! ! ! !

I have enjoyed this project sooooooo much that I could not put it down. It has been blocked and as I write this post it is drying out in the fresh air under the gazebo. I must say thanks again to Deb, she came out and helped me with the first shawl last week and kindly loaned me her blocking wires while she is on holiday. I will buy a blocking kit because, for sure, I love the lace and will knit more.
The yarn is Zauberball from Germany. I adore way the colour shows up on the finished project. It is very rich looking. I have to admit, though, that I guess I cheated a bit, I wish to express my apology to Evelyn Clark, but I put little shiny beads in place of the "nupps". Next time I promise I will work the nupps. I was just trying to give the shawl a little different look. This is my second pattern by E. Clark and she has me hooked, her patterns are sooooooooo well done and easy to follow. Having the rows written and charted suits me just fine. I am not really a charted knitter but I am working on it.
Deb, I have not forgotten the JJ Jacket. The left side and the left sleeve is finished. I Just have to do the right side and sleeve and it will be done. Heavy wool yarn, is hot to knit in August in Canada, so I needed a little break, Swallowtail Shawl, what a break!!!!!!!!
Until next time MommaBearKnits on into the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment