05 March, 2010

Finished one project - starting another!

I love Multidirectional Knitting and Garter Stitch.  Soooooo I am going to knit a toddler pullover using my favourite things.  First of all I like to work a neckband that has very flexible give.  So I use a Provisional Cast On using the Crochet Chain Method.  That means that there is no tight cast-on edge to make dressing your little one uncomfortable and it is possible to work a smaller neckband as it is much more stretchy.  I am not sure just what the final sweater will look like but I do intend it to be Canadian in colour and design. 
Today I started and each day I will post my progress.  The first step is the neckband, and then I  fold it over and knit one stitch from each needle together to create a double neckband



Next I worked the back neck section.


Next step is the side of the neck and the shoulder section.

I will be working on this project tonight and for the next few days.  I will post my progress every day and hopefully It will be an interesting journey. 
Come back often, and check it out. 
-MommaBear

No comments:

Post a Comment