09 April, 2011

Taking a Break! Who am I kidding?

I have finished the knitting for the baby book sample that was posted the other day.  I just have to end the tails and sew on the buttons.  I will post the picture of the finished garment by tomorrow.

But, do you remember the green hoodie for the soon to be arrival.

Thiis is where I was two three days ago
I started it some time ago but became nervous that I wouldn't have enough yarn to finish it and because it was purchased at a knit show before I even knew that the boy was on the way I have not been able to find any more, just in case. 

Yes, we have been informed that it is a boy and will likely be a big boy.  I was trying to figure out what to do to make sure there was enough yarn.   Then, I had a light flash in my head.  The baby will be born in May so a hoodie won't be suitable until the fall, he will be about 4 - 5 months old before the days cool and he will be wearing it.  The baby along with his mom and dad will live in Oro-Medonte.  The leaves are beautiful in late September through October in this part of Ontario and Mom and Dad are great outdoor people.  Soooooooo ------ Maple Leaves it is. 

Oh yah, this project is based on my Hoodie Bear Pattern but is worked in sock yarn doubled.  I had to adjust the numbers a bit and I just added the border pattern for fun.  If you have purchased the pattern, try it, (you do not have to choose leaves, anything will do, just fit it into the number of body stitches) you do not have to follow any pattern exactly, that is what Deb and I are encouraging with the new book. 


Just need to find wooden or leaf buttons.
As it turned out, there is plenty of yarn left sooooooo the boy will get Green Socks, Multi-coloured socks, and likely there will be enough for a striped pair of socks.  The cardigan is in a size 6-9 months so it should fit in the right season for the leaves.  Hope they like it.   To the best of my knowledge, they do not follow this blog so it will be a surprise, I HOPE. 

MommaBearKnits and Designs and she crochets too.

1 comment: