24 May, 2008

It is the Weekend !!!!! Summer is Trying, Very Trying!!!!

It is beautiful here in Lake Country today, a little cool but sunny and quite breezy. This morning I walked the bugler and he dragged me into the woods and stopped at a wild apple tree. I could not resist taking a little bouquet home for the dining table, I like wild stuff and it is just as pretty as any florist's work of art. Chocolate, of course, jumped at the chance for a photo op. Isn't he just too cute...........

Now on to the creative stuff. I have placed Baby "K" on hold for now, until Deb crawls out from under her huge project..... "The Baby "V" Neck Cardigan Booklet." Judging from what I have seen so far it will be great. The pictures are just soooooooo cute.

What I am doing now is taking my baby "K" numbers and working each size in a somewhat basic design; cardigans and pullovers with the neckline that I used for the Baby "K" Jacket (or Cardigan, not sure yet what to call it). While checking the #'s for each and every size, usually one of the five just don't jive and it takes a little tweeking, I will let the creative juices flow and work different patterns, such as Colours, Lace, Cables, Knit and Purl patterns and whatever else enters my my head while working, lazing around and even sleeping. Dreams are an amazing source for the creative spirit.

This is the first go at it .........Preemie cardigan with seed stitch borders. I am now working on a pullover with pockets and a ribbed border in a size 3 Mos. Both of these are knit in Berroco Comfort DK. Next size, next style, I will use another yarn just for the fun of it.
Signing Out, Please Come Back for an update............ MommaBearKnits "on and on"

No comments:

Post a Comment