13 February, 2010

HOODIE HAS MOVED ON TO THE NEXT STEP

Getting Ready to Present herself.  (I refer to my hoodie as a girl, as she really is a girl's style)

Step 1:  A relaxing 1/2 hour warm soak;
Step 2: Hugged in a warm towel, a couple of times.  (No picture, who wants to see a wrapped up towel.

Step 3: Awwwwwww, stretched out on a towel in a warm room to dry.  Feels good!!!

The pattern is in the hands of my knitting guru, Deb for editing and hopefully she will like it.  I must admit, the hardest thing for me is to pass off my babies (patterns) to someone else to go over them with a fine tooth comb, I love them too much and finding flaws is painful. Just kidding Deb, you are kind to me.
The drying will take a while, so in the meantime, MommaBear has not been idle.
- - - not an "Idol" either - - -

Using up leftover's, above is a size 6 Months Pullover in Cabin Fever Cotton Tweed.  Like Deb, I am fooling around with working a different neckline for the top down projects.  And I will add this sweater to my stock for my next craft show or sales opportunity; or, gift it because this week we aquired yet another great nephew, a 5 1/2 pound bundle of joy, hope to see him soon and with our new brother-in-law there comes a whole new set of nephews (no nieces) and guess what, there will soon be another grand niece/nephew from that side of our extended family.  Oh, boy will I enjoy gifting the new arrivals.
This one is also knit in Cabin Fever Cotton Tweed DK and is size 12 months.  Same idea, little different neckline.  My hope is to work a neckline kind of like my Hoodie Bear and Huggy Bear patterns but without the collar being necessary.  I think I am making progress, but in the meantime I am just knitting along, for the joy of it.  Oh yeah, I am now working on another pullover in a size 2, I had a request for that size and when I checked my stock, size 2 was not too plentiful as a large number of toddler sizes sold at the November show.  I cannot stop knitting, that can't be bad, right?

Keep on Knitting, MommaBear Will knit until her Knitting God comes to take her home and assures her that needles and string are welcome on the other side, if not she will not go!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. The hoodie is beautiful! And I agree...if there ain't yarn there, I don't wanna go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laurie, if we all hold out they will change the rules.

    ReplyDelete