22 August, 2011

A Scary Special Interesting Day

Yesterday morning, Rusty and I were doing our usual morning stretch of the legs.  We went into the subdivision behind our house.  It used to be a bush but now is a growing subdivision with lots of construction going on.  We were just strolling along, Rusty was sniffing every blade of grass, he is a hounddog you know.  All of a sudden, from out of the ditch came a BEAR, it looked at me, and continued across the road to the bush on the other side.  It was a little distance down the road from us, thank goodness.  Rusty, the hound was so busy stiffing that he missed it completely - Thank goodness for that too.  I got out of the area really fast and will not go back to that spot.  I described it to Jerry (PoppaBear) and his thoughts were that it was probably a young bear and was likely kicked out by it's mom not to long ago. 

As you probably guessed, no pictures of that experience.  I did think when I got home, that I should have offered to knit the young bear a hat or something, after all, MommaBearKnits and she should donate to a local Teen Cubby Bear.  He/She may be a relative after all.

It was scary, but I must admit it was an unforgetable experience.

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Here at home, I love to hike but up north at the trailer, all summer long, I am a slug. Due to the possibility of bears. There are enough sighting to keep me off the home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't pick your relatives. Some of mine have bear like personalities too.

    ReplyDelete