I am working on Bernardo. The sizes have been upgraded to 6 sizes: Preemie/Newborn, 3, 6-9 months, 1, 2, & 3 years. I have made quite a few changes but now I have finalized the design, I just have to finish writing it, read it, knit it, check, check, check it over and over again. I do try so hard to avoid typos and errors --- that is a more difficult task than the design itself.
I have finished 5 cardigans, and am working on two more. When I knit them, little ideas pop up and I make adjustments to the pattern. All the cardigans are just fine for a baby to wear, but I like to work out little glitches and ideas before the final version is photographed for the pattern. At first I had a K2, P2 ribbed neckband bottom border and sleeve cuffs. but then I decided that the K2, P2 rib requires a multiple of 4 +2 stitches on the neckband and bottom border and a multiple of 4 stitches on the sleeve cuff. That created a little difficulty when working 6 sizes and also fitting in an arm Panel Cable Pattern. So, then I went with garterstitch. That worked better and allowed fewer stitch differences in each size, but then I realized that the bands had to be worked on a smaller needle in order to draw in the edges. Now I have it all together and am working on a final sample (Red one in the picture). They all looked good on Callum and he seemed to be comfortable, so I am confident that it will be finished and posted for sale very soon. I do have to work out a matching hat and perhaps socks, not sure about the socks, but the hat for sure.
I really like the sleeve panel and also I have worked out a way to raise the back of the neck and lower the front band of the neck. That is my one concern about top down, I like a lower neck band in the front. Bernardo has it, hope you like it.
MommaBearKnits and Designs all day and most of the night.
|Yes it does need a hat, next on my agenda!|