08 August, 2010

Sock It To Me!

I have quite a few balls of  Bernat Jr. Jacquards in my stash.  I like it very much and have knit several baby cardigan/hats/sock sets with it and will likely do more.  I Pulled out a ball and decided to make baby socks for my craft sale stock.  When I make items with self patterning yarn I usually just let the colour changes happen when they want to but after I had finished the first two socks I realized that the pattern repeat was quite large and I wasn't really happy with the socks as a pair as the colour stripes were wide and not even the same colours appeared on such a small project.  But I also do not want to waste yarn trying to match up the pattern, so I just kept on knitting socks (tiny baby socks) and I expected that sooner or later I would have a pair.  Guess what, sock number seven was almost an exact repeat of sock number one.  So I just kept on knitting and as I completed each sock they became pairs.  I got to sock number eleven and was at the end of the ball.  I went back to my stash, checked out a few balls and found one that was almost at the same place in the pattern.  I think I only had to discard about 20 inches of yarn to get to the repeat of the pattern.  Now I have six pairs (matching pairs) of baby socks and one less ball in my stash.  The pairs are not exact matches but very close.  I have numbered them although they are not likely the order that they were knit.
Number 1
Number 2
Number 3
Number 4
Number 5
Number 6
I really am a sock nut but I am also working hard on my last sample of Jr. Compass.  When finish I will have four samples, out of the five sizes that the pattern contains.  I will have size 2, 4, 6 & 10 and a couple of hats to match very soon and the pattern will be posted on Patternfish as soon as the photos are finished.

MommaBearKnits on and on. 

Want to see another vacation picture:
Hope so ---- Because I want to show it!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. It's so cool to see the pairs. Amazing how it all comes around again and you get the pairs.

    ReplyDelete